Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, whats to come

As I read through so many other blogs and posts about (NEW YEAR) I am struck with the sense of expectation. What do we expect from God? What do we desire? Are our desires lines up with His desires? I often think of something I heard of a few years back, that is, if the Lord never blesses you again would you still praise Him? I think of that today as we are in January 2013. What will our new year consist of? I pray it consists of Dan and I loving the Lord more deeply this year even if He doesn't bless us. I pray we would be tightly interwoven with Him that all other things would pass away. Sure I do pray for people, for Korea, for students, for so many other things. What hits me though is what is the most important thing?

We celebrated by watching a movie called Christmas in Canaan, and then blew up fireworks. There is a scene in the movie that struck me last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E78Y23JGvuY


Here's to hoping and trusting that the Lord would do what He does, and that we would get out of the way.

No comments: